I am absolutely a mascara junkie. I used to wear it every single day without fail. Now there are days when I go without any makeup but I have to be honest, I feel naked without mascara.I have tried nearly every single mascara and continue to scoop up new ones when they are out. Two of the most buzzed about mascaras that promise amazing results are Benefit's They're Real! and Too Faced's Better Than Sex. Both mascaras cost $23, so they are a definite investment. Which one is worth the $23?
They both are worth their price, but y absolute favorite hands down is Better Than Sex. Benefit's They're Real! does seriously lengthen your lashes and adds quite a bit of volume as well. The special tip really does help you coat each and every lash, however, be sure to exercise caution when using it as it will hurt if you accidentally poke yourself in the eye (trust me!). The pigmentation is amazing and the mascara truly does give you great results. Do my lashes look fake when I wear them? Not really, but they do look very dramatic.They're Real! is definitely noticeable when you wear it and I find this to be a negative point of the product. It's far from uncomfortable on your lashes, but it is a heavier feel than Better Than Sex. Also, this mascara dries to a hard feeling on the lashes and I prefer a softer, more weightless feel which I get with Better Than Sex.
Another issue with They're Real! is that it definitely requires you to do some work. This is not a mascara that you can just swipe on and run out the door. If you do put in the work though, you will see the results. For me to really see the full benefits of this mascara I need to apply two coats, which is really fine by me.
On the other hand, Better Than Sex gives you amazing lashes with half the amount of work. In addition to being easier to use, my lashes do not feel hard or crunchy during the day. I find this mascara provides more volume than They're Real and adds just as much length. I am not the type of person to shy away from putting on two or three coats of mascara to achieve my desired look, but quite honestly that is unnecessary when you use Better Than Sex. One coat gives me the most amazingly thick and long lashes.
My $23 will always go to Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara. To me it is the superior mascara. I have never, in over 15 years of wearing makeup, found a mascara that I loved the look of with only one coat. However, I rarely put a second coat of Better Than Sex on. It can be built upon and it does not get clumpy if you want to add a second coat, but I really love the look I get with just one coat so I tend to skip putting on a second coat.
This mascara may not be better than sex, but it is a seriously amazing product that I will continue to repurchase!

I use both, at the same time! I love it, but I love huge lashes! I replaced my Dior Iconic Curl with Better than Sex and I do love the look more. Less heavy and clumpy...good choices all around!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Both are really great products that are definitely worth the high price tag! And I will have to try them together - you know I love dramatic lashes as well!
Delete