Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday's Tip


Hey beauties!

Today on Daily Beauty I have a tip on keeping your lips soft and supple.

Up until the past year or so I really have not had much trouble with dry lips. I tend to use lip balms or glosses in favor of lipstick, and while some glosses can be drying, as a whole it is easier to slip a lip balm under your gloss than it is to wear it under lipstick, thus keeping your lips a bit more hydrated. This winter is hanging on here in Iowa and I've found that with the constant weather changes, going from 50-60 degrees one day to 20 degrees the next, my lips are not as hydrated and smooth as I would like.

One tip I have is to find a soft (be sure it is soft or extra soft if available) toothbrush. With gentle, circular motions you want to exfoliate your lips using this toothbrush. You can use a scrub as well, however, you might find that a scrub on top of the toothbrush is a bit harsh for your lips. Be sure to follow up with a hydrating balm.

If you find that using a toothbrush is a bit harsh for your lips, pick up a pack of exfoliating cotton pads. You can find these easily at Wal-Mart, Target or other drugstores like CVS and Walgreens. These do cost a bit more than traditional cotton pads, but I am totally addicted to them. Use a lip scrub, like the e.l.f. lip exfoliator (which I love, it's so convenient and inexpensive) or mix up your own using some sugar, a little bit of olive or sweet almond oil and a tiny amount of vanilla extract if you want a bit of sweetness to your scrub. The e.l.f. scrub you just sweep over your lips, and I tend to use a circular motion for that as well to increase circulation and to help really exfoliate, or use your finger to gently scrub your DIY mixture over your lips. Next, add a small amount of water to your exfoliating cotton pad and use circular motions to exfoliate and remove the scrub from your lips. Finish with your favorite balm and enjoy silky smooth lips! I'm still loving my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, both the stick and pot version!

I am so excited for spring to finally be here! Maybe that will be my birthday present?

What DIY recipes or tips do you use as a part of your beauty routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment