
Today I have a super short and sweet tip that once again relates to the eyebrows.
I used to have very full, naturally arched brows that only needed occasional tweezing. However, a few years ago I had a threading experience that left my eyebrows super thin and virtually straight. Since then I have been taking care of my eyebrows on my own and attempting to let them grow. As strong brows are in, on the days that I wear makeup I do take the time to fill in my brows.
At the end of the night, while I still have my makeup on, I take care of brow maintenance. At the moment I'm only plucking stray hairs so that my brows grow. By plucking my eyebrows with the shape I desire already filled in, it makes it so much easier to not go overboard with my tweezing. I am always convinced there is just one more hair that needs to come out and before I know it, I've gotten rid of all my new growth.
In addition to plucking with my eyebrows already filled in, I go ahead and trim the eyebrow hairs with them filled in as well. It was not until about a year ago that I even started to trim my eyebrow hairs, it had always seemed so scary before. I promise you it is so much easier than you think it will be and it makes a HUGE difference in how well my brows are behaved. To trim your eyebrows, take a spooly brush and brush the hairs upwards. Any hair that peeks over the top of where you want your eyebrows to start, use your scissors and snip away.
When trimming your eyebrows, remember that less is more. You can always go back in with your spooly and scissors to trim a little extra, but it will require far more patience to wait for the brow to grow again.
I picked up my eyebrow trimming kit at CVS for somewhere around $10 maybe, and it has been such a valuable little tool!
I love taking care of my eyebrows this way, as it really helps me to visualize what the end product looks like as opposed to a bare face and my tendency to over pluck.
What are some of your favorite tips and tricks? I would love to hear them.
If you like what you read, please subscribe for updates, share with family and friends and most importantly, THANK YOU for taking the time to read!
No comments:
Post a Comment